Friday 23 September 2011

Crochet Squares

Yesterday my niece taught me how to make squares, and I'm proud to say that I picked it up quite quickly. My first one took several attempts and came out wonky as I mis-counted my stitches.


The ones I did today, I'm really very proud of. They aren't perfect, but they are squares! I really enjoy making them as they are so quick. I tend to get disheartened when a project takes a long time to finish or requires me to do the same thing for a long time (the reason my scarf is sitting unfinished in the yarn box, along with the knitted blanket I started a few months ago). These get done and look pretty nice and quickly.



I took one to do on the bus to pick up my daughter from school today. I am aware I must have looked a bit odd, baby strapped to me in her wrap and fiddling yarn in my hands, but it passed the time nicely, so I think I will continue to make squares on the bus from now on.

10 comments:

  1. OH I always wanted to learn how to crochet - looks awesome:) Have a great weekend,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anya adores

    It's really worth doing. It is tricky and frustrating at first but then it sort of 'clicks' and it's great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to learn to do this..I love crafts!! You did an awesome job too. I think I will work harder to do more crafts, I've been inspired!! I would also love to get a sewing machine and make my girl's dresses!! ust do this!! Hope you have a wonderful day darling!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Dainty Doll's House

    Thank you! It is so wonderful to hear that you feel inspired. I hope you manage to make some lovely things.

    I would love to try my hand at sewing too. Perhaps I will ask for a machine for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I know how to make those and made three bed covers with them, I like them and I think doing crafts is very relaxing :-) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look cute.. :) You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vale ♥

    It's very relaxing, isn't it?
    I'm impressed that you managed three bedcovers. I have this terrible habit of starting projects but never finishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the bright squares! i'm trying to learn how to crochet too (it's on my '32 before 32' to-do list). one of my favourite bloggers, craftyminx, has just started a free video crocheting school, might be worth checking out for tips: http://www.craftyminx.com/2011/10/crochet-school-lesson-1.html
    And thanks for the comment on my post. I'm really glad you did because now i've discovered your blog =]

    ReplyDelete